Wednesday, June 7, 2023

And some side notes

 Here are a few quick color drawings I've been doing. In this arena (I think these are becoming my Sunday drawings - I play with them while I'm chat hosting our Sunday services...) I seem to be on a moon-and-tree focus, with these latest ones, and I'm really enjoying them.

The first moon-and-tree emerged quite accidentally; I just started drawing a curve, and some squiggles, and then filling in, and I don't know where this came from but I love it:

Then, the next week:


Rather sweet, I think. A gentle reaching out...

Then, this last Sunday - I had finally decided consciously that moon-and-tree is something I'm enjoying doing, so why not keep doing it?


This feels like embracing.

A note about what I'm using, here: I have a multi-color colored pencil that I adore. (Actually, I have several color varieties, but there's one I usually start with; and when I'm out and about, and need to doodle something but can't carry everything with me, this one is always fun.) Then I might go in with one of the other multi-color ones, and then some fat stubs of Lyra and Ferby (I think) children's colored pencils (I inherited them from my grandkids); and a few colors of Prismacolor color sticks. Which, alas, are no longer available in open stock... bummer... but I have my bits and pieces, and it works for me.


No comments: