Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Starting to paint!

I have begun painting, working on #1. Not a lot to see yet; the orange outlines of the horse, and some of the cerulean symbols in the upper left.


 And then I was done with the orange for the moment, and I hate to waste paint, so I looked for another half-finished (or barely begun, and then abandoned) painting to use it up on. This is what I found, and adding the orange to it was SO MUCH FUN!


Alas - maybe you can see it - I left the drafting tape on the margins for so many years that it deteriorated, won't come off completely, and has stained and left a residue on the edges I did get it off of. But this might go into another painting; I've decided I really like it...

And finally, this is a view of my drafting table, with glass of water to drink (kept carefully away from rinsing water, so I don't dip my brush in the drinking water, or drink from the rinsing water), and the sketchbook open to the original drawing of the horse that's becoming part of this painting, so I can refer to it as I paint. And, you know, mugs (and a cream pitcher) of brushes...

 Window, shutters, front yard and apple tree in the background...

Oh - and a closer view of the horse drawing...




No comments: