Thursday, September 28, 2023

DS #3, Update #3

I am really enjoying this, at the moment. Here's the latest, from Tuesday...


 Some more of these delicate lines, now trying to imitate the color effect of my multi-color pencils; and the beginnings of one of the howling wolf cubs. And, though I haven't done any more work on the horse, I am feeling more confident at the thought of working on him.

Here's the drawing that I took the horse from:


In the drawing, he has no particular color (as in, bay, chestnut, gray, etc.), but in the painting he's starting to emerge as a chestnut. His face feels very sweet and gentle and soulful to me, and I hope to keep that feeling in the painting.

Tech tip: do you want to see this larger? Click on the image to make it almost-full-browser-window size. (This is not the same as "full screen...")

No comments: