Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Recent work (on a bunch)...

 I've gotten behind on posting! But here are some updates.

On #1: I've been working on this batch of little howling wolf cubs. Last week - a little outlining of throat on two of them; this week: more rendering and details, and the two are getting much closer to finished. Once I finish them and the lefthand one, and do one more (currently secret-surprise) element, I think this painting will be done. And will need a name.


 

On #4: I've been working on the sleeping foal, and liking the way it's going; also did a little more on the magenta curl. Again, I'm thinking about how much more this painting needs before I feel like it's done; I would say, a fair amount more, but it's moving along...

 

 

On #2: I've been working on the woman - and her hair! And a bit more on the tree, I think; and some on the dog. I am liking what's happening with the woman!

With this one, clearly the dog needs to be developed, and the fishy creature also needs some unknown additional work; and I feel like it needs something else, but I'm not sure what, yet; but I feel like the painting is just about in sight of being finished.

 


And, on #3: I've done lots more work on the horse, and like what's happening, but there are things I'm not sure about. And, of course, more work to do on little howling wolf cub #1, and all of the work on the second one; and then, again, some unknown stuff. But (is this getting boring? or maybe exciting?) this one, too, feels like it's maybe 75% finished?

 

 

And so then, I'm thinking maybe it's time to go looking through my older work and sketchbooks again, and start planning another two or three or four of these... Hmmm.


Tech tip: do you want to see any of these larger? Click on the image to make it almost-full-browser-window size. (This is not the same as "full screen...")

No comments: