Sunday, August 25, 2024

Latest work on Mom & Dad's portrait

I worked on this twice this week, the second time almost an hour. The experience is contradictory: on one hand, I feel like it's very close to finished. On the other hand,  the closer it gets to finished, the more that, when I look at it, it seems like it needs a LOT more work. And maybe it does... or maybe it only needs some more contrast in a few places, or something. Feels like it's getting harder to tell how much more work it needs, but I'll find out by doing more work. It could be really finished, or at least really all-but-finished, in another week; or it could be another month or two.



 Here's Mom. I think I'm feeling really happy with her; she might be finished. Just maybe.


Here's Dad, and another view of Dad, with his shirt... There are things I'm liking, and things I'm not quite happy with... but I did do a little more work on his elbow:


I think I can see some things to do that I think will make a difference. That's all I need, at the moment: the next few things to try.


Tech tip: do you want to see any of these larger? Click on the image to make it almost-full-browser-window size. (This is not the same as "full screen...")

No comments: